Wednesday, March 11, 2009
- Name: Jenna
- Location: Indiana, United States
I love traveling, reading, and thinking about how I should exercise more! My family rocks, and I love love love my kitties, have a soft spot for the dogs too. Mmmm and I'm addicted to food (hence the need to work out!)
- Neat Stamp
- Peace Corps = Important = HELP!
- Budget Sponsors!
- Budget Help?
- Its A Shame
- Holy Crap Peru 12!
- Peace Corps Inauguration Parade
My Peace Corps Timeline
- Feb 28 '08--submit personal & health application
- March 6 '08--receive a "hello" letter in mail from my recruiter with my toolkit password in it
- March 7 '08--last reference comes in
- March 10 '08--receive my legal packet in the mail
- March 14 '08--mailed my legal kit off to my recruiter in chicago
- March 18 '08--my recruiter calls to say she's received my legal kit--We set up a phone interview for Friday the 21st at 10:30
- March 21 '08--had interview with my recruiter, Hazel, though it was an hour late. Will be notified of my nomination in the next several days
- March 24 '08--Hazel called with 2 choices for nomination. one choice was youth outreach in e.europe leaving march '09, and the other, and one I chose is community services leaving this july for french speaking sub saharan africa!
- March 24 '08--OMG--about an hour, hour and a half after the nomination, she called back to change it! Turns out it was full. LUCKILY she found: Youth Dev. in Spanish Speaking C./S. Africa leaving in mid-August '08-->frayed nerves
- March 26 '08--received nomination letter in mail
- April 3 '08--received my medical kit (sent on 3/31)...yikes...
- May 7 '08--took a month :( but I SENT THE MEDICAL KIT OFF TODAY! Now I wait!
- May 20 '08--Dentally and Legally Cleared!!!
- May 23 '08--Got ToolKit update that my Medical Kit was received yesterday
- June 16 '08--ToolKit update--medical hold! Later got an overnight FedEx envelope from the PC requesting another CBC test :(
- June 25 '08--woke up to ToolKit update! CLEARED! Nurse Tracy called to personally tell me that I was medically cleared!
- July 1 '08--Emailed by my Assistant PO, George, for an updated resume & Romantic Involvement worksheet, e-mailed it back, hope to hear SOON!
- July 7 '08--Called PO, Amanda, placement filled, but I'm on her super prioritized list for placement, expect it this week, call Friday if haven't heard
- July 10 '08--PC Nurse Tracy calls requesting 2 more personal statements. Sounded like a formality
- July 11 '08--PO Amanda called! running possible invite by medical! WOOHOO! TEFL in EE for late Sept!
- July 22 '08--E-mailed PO, EE didn't accept restriction, she's looking at Youth/Central America/mid-late Sept
- July 27 '08--ToolKit updated: INVITED
- July 29 '08--invited to El Salvador on Sept 14th
- Aug 8 '08--called and declined invitation :'(